DHHS Required Reporting
To protect the health of our school community and as required under the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools on October 6, 2020, Milan Area Schools will use this webpage to provide public notice regarding any school-associated cases of COVID-19.
Within 24 hours of being notified of a confirmed or probable case by the Washtenaw County Health Department (or a neighboring health department), this website will be updated.
IMPORTANT: This dashboard is not intended to provide notification of possible exposure. Individuals identified as close contacts of positive cases are contacted directedly by the Washtenaw County Health Department (or another health department) and given instructions to isolate or quarantine. Close contact means you have been face-to-face with an infectious person for 15 minutes or more.
Measures in place in the district to prevent transmission of COVID-19 are available in these documents:
Required Student Screening Protocol
MAS COVID-19 Parent Guide and Preparedness Plan
Preparedness & Response Plan
Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan
Measures that individuals can take to prevent transmission include:
• Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
• Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
• Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
• Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
• Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
• Answer the phone or call back promptly, if the health department contacts you. A contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Individuals who were or are suspected to have been in close contact with a positive case will be notified by the Washtenaw County Health Department or school officials.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we can maintain the safest learning environment possible.
If you have additional any questions, you can visit the Washtenaw County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpages at www.washtenaw.org/covid19 or contact them at 734-544-6700 or Lwchdcontact@washtenaw.org. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.